List:       familiar-dev
Subject:    [Familiar-dev] error in loading kernel-module-h4300-kbd-2.6
From:       Han <keepsimple () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-06 5:24:25

Hi,

This is my first post at familiar-dev. Hopefully it is not a dumb question.

I am trying to use Ramdisk Rescue to install Linux onto my iPAQ 4350.
But the keyboard module (kernel-module-h4300-kbd-2.6 ) doesn't load
up. It says something about file not found. I've checked custom.txt
and the file names match perfectly. Then, I looked into the mail
archives and I noticed that this has been an issue before as well,
i.e. the .ipk module not being found. Can you let me know what I have
missed and how I can install this keyboard module successfully?

Here is the error message :

> INSTALLING H4300 KEYBOARD SUPPORT.
> Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=kernel-module-h4300-kbd-2.6
> (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
> Nothing to be done
> No error occured, return value 4.
> Collected errors:
> Cannot find package kernel-module-h4300-kbd-2.6.
> Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
> [] ERROR []

here is the URL I used to download the keyboard module:

http://handhelds.org/~pfalcon/feeds/h4000-unofficial/

btw, i thought even if the keyboard didn't work, the navigator buttons
on iPAQ 4350 would. But they're not working either, and I get stuck at
the Ramdisk rescue menu.

Thanks in advance.

Han