List:       familiar-dev
Subject:    [Familiar-dev] fb ioctl & fbvncserver
From:       Patrik Gfeller <gfellerpatrik () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-06-01 16:47:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Familiar-Developers,

I would like to create a fbvncserver which would work for all PDAs supported
by familiar; as I've noticed a pure mmap of the fb-device won't do for some
devices, as the screen will be shown rotated/flip'ed.

Unfortunately I can't pull this information from the device itself by ioctl
what kind of adjustment is necessary. Is there a way to access this
information (e.g. is there an env. var, or something) which I could use to
make the SW "smarter" - so that it will adjust automatically (w/o the needs
to use commandline switches)?

with kind regards,
Patrik Gfeller