List:       familiar-dev
Subject:    [Familiar-dev] Familiar 0.8.3 RC1 on Simpad
From:       Florian Boor <florian.boor () kernelconcepts ! de>
Date:       2006-01-04 13:34:07

Hi all,

i installed the Familiar 0.8.3 RC1 GPE image on my Simpad SL4. All the basic
applications seem to work pretty good except of that gpe-calendar issue i
mentioned before. Network setup (using an Orinoco PCMCIA card) and some web
browsing worked perfect.
The only bad bug i found was that suspending fails completely. This worked
perfect in an image i built some weeks ago. Currently "apm -s" just returns
doing nothing.

Another strange effect is that my framebuffer seems to contain some random
pixels: http://handhelds.org/scap/port.26697.png
Phil and me think that this might be related to the bootloader (wrong Mediaq bus
 interface setup). If someone could verify this it would be very useful.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: 0271-771091-14

6C 44 30 4C 43 20 6B 61  16 07 0F AA E6 97 70 A8