List:       familiar-dev
Subject:    Re: [Familiar-dev] how to link ipkg with newer libbb.a?
From:       Jamey Hicks <jamey.hicks () hp ! com>
Date:       2003-11-21 12:46:46

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 06:54, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   are there any issues related to building ipkg and linking to a newer
> version of the busybox libbb.a?  i noticed the current busybox-0.60.[23]
> directories, but we're determined to use the newest 1.0.0-pre? version of
> BB in our build, so is there a convenient way to configure the ipkg build
> to link to an external libbb.a instead?

I think it would make sense to do this and at some point to remove libb
from ipkg and only use the external link.  We have modified libb to
transparently unarchive either .tar.gz or .deb files, but that is the
only change to libbb as far as I know.  If it's a new distribution,
there is no reason to support the .tar.gz format of .ipk files.

If you send me a patch I'll apply it.

Jamey