List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] Familiar v0.8.4 compiler and driver cross-compilation
From:       Erik Hovland <erik () hovland ! org>
Date:       2007-07-11 20:56:35

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 04:37:01PM -0300, Thiago Toshio Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to cross-compile a driver (orinoco-0.15) to an iPAQ h3850 (running \
> Familiar). It seems that driver has some scanning support (I hope so, at least), \
> which would be very helpful to me. It seems that I have to do it using the same \
> compiler used with the kernel. But when I try:
> cat /proc/version
>
> it just shows:
>
> Linux version 2.4.19-rmk6-pxa1-hh37 (rw@sugarcube.dyndns.org) () #1 Mon Aug 14 \
> 15:51:09 CEST 2006
> Nothing about gcc version.
> So, which version of gcc was used with the kernel above? I have tried to \
> cross-compile the driver using a version 3.4.1 one. It did not work (I have got \
> lots of errors...). Any tip about cross-compiling orinoco-0.15 to iPAQ will be very \
> welcomed as well.

The familiar git tree will make the cross compiler for you (if it
works). And there is a bitbake recipe for that driver if you want to
modify it for your needs. Otherwise, try using a 3.3.x based cross
compiler for building kernel modules.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik@hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/