List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] missing python packages in 0.8.4
From:       "Robert E. Anderson" <rea () sr ! unh ! edu>
Date:       2007-02-26 19:42:46

On Sat February 24 2007 12:00:07 pm familiar-request@handhelds.org wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 11:09:19AM -0500, Robert E. Anderson wrote:
> > On 10/31 harri.hirvola@kotiportti.fi asked about python-pyqt being
> > missing, but got no answer.
>
> Hmm, sorry about the lack of answer. But there is an ipk in:
> universe/opie/
>
> Named python-pyqt_3.13-ml3_arm.ipk. Does it work for your needs?
>
> In the v0.8.4 release feed.
>
> > I've also noted that python-pysqlite is missing as well.
>
> You got us on that one.
>
> > It would be really nice to get these back.
>
> I'll look into the pysqlite one. It will likely show up in the unstable
> feed.

Actually I found what I needed shortly after posting my initial request.

Everything was in:

  http://linuxtogo.org/~mickeyl/feed/python/modern

It still works great for me in 0.8.4.

> > How well is the build environment at this time?  I had it setup about a
> > year or two ago and made some packages, but wasn't able to do it about 6
> > months ago.  I would like to get setup again so that I can take a look at
> > some other python packages that I would be interested in.
>
> I am able to build packages in the tree now. So I guess it works. YMMV.
>
> Thanks for the note. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

If I ever get some time I would like to get it all setup again.  My goal would
be to learn how the PyQt stuff was setup and contribut a packages sqlalchemy
and sqlite if no longer exists.  When I started playing with SQL from Python
the SqlAlchemy stuff was very interesting.  When I ported to Opie I had to
recode the SQL access to not use it because I was unable to get it working
without the OE build environment.

I'm still hoping one day that Qt4 will make it to Familiar and I can start
recoding everything to Qt4.