List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] Bluetooth and /var
From:       "JAMES KABA" <jkaba () sarnoff ! com>
Date:       2006-11-29 21:42:11

Todd,
   Here's another example:
   A file called "scheme" that sits somewhere in the /var directory
structure is used by the /etc/pcmcia configuration scripts. (Different
distros seem to put it indifferent places /var/lib, /var/run,
/var/lib/misc/ etc.) Multiple network configurations can be defined in
the network.opts and wireless.opts files, and the contents of the scheme
file would specify the currently active configuration.  This capability
is currently broken without the scheme file being persistent -- the
"default" scheme is always used.

Jim