List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] cross compilation question
From:       Werner Schulte <werner () schulte-ac ! de>
Date:       2003-10-31 16:05:17

Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 15:55 schrieb Sergey Izvoztchikov:
> Hi, everybody !
>
> I'm trying to cross compile QT/X for iPaq. I used modified scripts
> from http://www.uv-ac.de/ (I had to modify them because I have
> different objective to achieve). There are env. variables such as
>
> CC=arm-linux-gcc
> CXX=arm-linux-g++
> CCX=arm-linux-gcc
> CXXX=arm-linux-g++
> COMPILER=arm-linux-gcc
> LINKER=arm-linux-gcc
>
> However when I run make on qt-2.3.2 (X11 version) g++ is always
Here it is. You use QT2.3.2-X11 I assume, But you need to use qt-embedded
(version 2.3.7 is the actual one). Why do you need QT/X for the ipaq ?
> used. And after compilation is finished I can run example programs on
> my Linux x86 box. This suggests me that binaries are actually compiled
> for x86 not for arm :( I also tried to modify _makeqte.rc script to support
> x11, but using script doesn't make any difference.

If you have success, you maybe want to inform me. I will integrate the
solution in the http://www.uv-ac.de/opiedev page and on the OPIEDEV
LIVECD.

regards
--