List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] re: I deleted libc.so.6 (was:  Serial Bootloader
From:       Toby Gray <toby.gray () analyticoutcomes ! com>
Date:       2003-10-30 22:57:18

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:32 am, Carlos Andres Loaiza Garcia wrote:
> http://www.yargybot.com/Familiar/BackupHowto.html (thanks Toby!)

You're very welcome.

> I found everything, now I can see and modify all the files in my PC. The
> only problem now is when I am copying the backup.jffs2, it's so big (33MB)
> and I receive an error

Did you read the whole of my BackupHowto page? Is this 33MB file (I suspect
it's really about 33.3 million bytes, which is actually less than 32MB) the
product of a mkfs.jffs2 command, or is it just a raw dump of the root
partition?
If it's a raw dump, mkfs.jffs2 can probably make a small enough image from it.

> I am trying deleting a couple of libraries.

That's not such a great idea (isn't that how you got into this mess in the
first place?). If you really HAVE TO delete something, it would be safer to
get rid of applications than libraries (look in /usr/bin), but you should
still be VERY careful.