List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] ipkg suggestion
From:       "Aaron Wadley" <admin () cyberlizard ! org>
Date:       2003-10-30 17:23:06

Christian Link said:
> hey everybody,
>
> since I'm low on flash-ram I usually install less common used apps into
> ram (ipkg -d ram...) such as konqueror or qpdf. I'm tired of creating a
> lot of links to get these working as they were installed into flash.
>
> Now my question:
> Why not add a command line switch to ipkg which adds
> all necessary links to the 'main' filesystem on flash ?
> What's your oppinion about that? I'm eager to add/code this, so who is
> responsible for ipkg maintainment?
>
> regards
>
> Christian

There is a script I found called ipkg-link that does this.

Usage:
    ./ipkg-link add    packagename (links "packagename" to root filesystem)
    ./ipkg-link remove packagename (unlinks "packagename" from root
filesystem)
    ./ipkg-link list   mountpoint  (lists packages on "mountpoint", e.g.
'/mnt/hda')
    ./ipkg-link mount  mountpoint  (links all packages on "mountpoint",
e.g. '/mnt/hda')
    ./ipkg-link umount mountpoint  (unlinks all packages on "mountpoint",
e.g. '/mnt/hda')

I've attached the script.

I have noticed that in Opie, the aqpkg graphical front-end to ipkg does
make all the links automagically.

hth

--
Aaron Wadley
["ipkg-link" (application/octet-stream)]