List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] Important notes for GPE/Matchbox unstable feed users
From:       Matthew Allum <breakfast () 10 ! am>
Date:       2003-07-31 13:12:33

on Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:00:28AM -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:

> Everything seems to work but the Gorilla theme and the application
> launcher applet. Changing themes to Gorilla doesn't change the window
> manager borders. My custom icons are being picked up so the theme is
> logically changing and mb-desktop is picking it up, but mb-wm isn't.

Hmm, maybe I broke something in the Gorilla theme xml. Matchbox should
tell you what it is, if from a remote term you killall matchbox, then
matchbox -t Gorilla.

> Also, the application launcher is missing the logout and lock screen
> buttons. I don't know if that is a bug or a feature since logout is a
> least available elsewhere.

Yes these options used to be rather stupidly hardcoded :/

To get them back GPE login just needs to supply .desktop files for
each of them with there Category set to 'Action' ( You can probably
edit your existing logout one and it will appear ).

Many thanks;

  -- Matthew