List:       familiar
Subject:    [Familiar] Toshiba 2 GB and 5GB PC Card Hard Drives
From:       "Len Moskowitz" <vze24hrw () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-07-29 11:37:33

We're developing an application that streams data to mass storage at rates
up to 600 KB/s.  We do this successfully with a fast CF flash memory card
but it utterly fails with the Toshiba 5GB PC Card hard drive.  (We haven't
yet tried it with the 1GB IBM CF MicroDrive.)

I recall that there are issues with the hard drive of having to wait for the
drive to spin up before reading or writing.

Might someone point us to information about this?

Thanks!

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound