List:       familiar
Subject:    [Familiar] 3Com 3CRWE62092B
From:       "David A. Greene" <greened () eecs ! umich ! edu>
Date:       2003-06-26 20:55:20

Hi,

I've got a 3Com wireless card I'm trying to use with the ipaq but
I'm having some difficulty.  The card is one of 3Com's XJACK models
and uses the atmel driver at atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net.
It works great on my laptop.

I managed to compile the driver with an ARM (XScale) cross compiler
but when I insert the card into the sleeve it is reported as
unsupported.  logread reports the following:

Jan  1 07:05:43 familiar daemon.info cardmgr[409]: unsupported card in
socket 0
Jan  1 07:05:43 familiar daemon.info cardmgr[409]:   product info:
"3Com", "3CRWE62092B Wireless LAN PC Card"
Jan  1 07:05:43 familiar daemon.info cardmgr[409]:   manfid: 0x0101,
0x0620  function: 6 (network)

I have no idea if the cross-compile worked correctly.  I did get
some warnings about redefined macros but I _think_ those are ok
because one of the headers in the atmel driver defines "GCR" which
is a register defined in the ARM asm headers.  Since the atmel
driver code references GCR hopefully this is correct.  The warning
is given when the atmel driver version of GCR is seen by the compiler.

One issue is that I likely used a different version of gcc to
compile the atmel driver than was used to compile the kernel
(2.4.19-rmk6-pxa1-hh13).  I used gcc 3.2.3 from the Debian
toolchain-source package.

I copied all of the atmel-related PCMCIA configuration info I use
on my laptop to the ipaq.

Any ideas?

                             -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson