List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] Kernel Image for iPAQ needed: kernel-2.4.18-rmk3_hh6_arm
From:       Torsten Marek <shlomme () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-06 22:21:00

Craig Vanderborgh schrieb:
> Where can I get this?  I am aware of the kernel-2.4.18-rmk3_hh6_arm.ipk package,
> but I don't have a familiar iPAQ running yet so I can't get it from the .ipk.
> Where can I get this kernel image?  Do I have to build it??
>
> Thanks,
> craig vanderborgh
> voxware incorporated

Why can't you get it? Just download it from the feed
(http://familiar.handhelds.org/familiar/releases/v0.6-pre1/base/armv4l/)
and extract it with either ar (ar x <ipk>) or tar (tar xvzf <ipk>),
which results in the files data.tar.gz, control.tar.gz and
debian_binary. The kernel image then is in data.tar.gz.
If I completely misunderstood your problem and told you things you
already know, please accept my apology.