List:       familiar
Subject:    [Familiar] Compact Flash
From:       Andy Tynan <andy () andytynan ! net>
Date:       2002-07-31 5:55:59

Hi,

I put Linux onto my  iPaq 3660 a few weeks ago and have been so keen
downloading utulities for it I have already run out of memory! (It was
doing a full opie installation that did it - in fact it wouldn't boot
after that and I had to re-load the root jffs2 image, but that's another
story) So I have ordered a 256Mb Flash card.

My question is, please, what part of the filesystem should I mount on
the flash card to best make use of the space? /usr ?
Or should I be trying to mount root on there?
And how do I get the existing files over and then delete them from their
previous location, etc? (will just mount /temp_dir, cp, rm, then remount
to /usr work, for example?)
I'm not a linux expert at all yet... :o(

Thanks,
Andy Tynan