List:       familiar
Subject:    [Familiar] 0.5.1-rc1 HAL problem
From:       "jrlpop () mail ! portland ! co ! uk" <jrlpop () mail ! portland ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-01-30 16:17:32

I just did a fresh install on a 3660 like this:
1. bootldr-2.18.01.bin
2. task-bootserial-0.5.1.jffs2
3. set PPP and SSH up
4. ipkg update, installed bash
5. installed task-complete

A minor issue is "depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.16-rmk1/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/serport.o"

A worse issue is I don't get RTC nor X. Something seems to be wrong with
the bootloader handling machine info to the kernel:

-------8<-----------8<-----------8<----
[...]
Setting the System Clock using the Hardware Clock as reference...
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access
method.
[...]
Starting X...
grep: /proc/hal/assets: No such file or directory

grep: /proc/hal/assets: No such file or directory
grep: /proc/hal/assets: No such file or directory
Unknown processor type --!

Unable to open /dev/touchscreen/0
xset:  unable to open display ":0.0"
x-window-manager: Could not connect to X display ':0.0'
xset:  unable to open display ":0.0"
xrdb: No such file or directory
xrdb: Can't open display ':0.0'
xrdb: No such file or directory
xrdb: Can't open display ':0.0'
-------8<-----------8<-----------8<----

boot> params show
>> Compaq OHH BootLoader, Rev 2-18-1 [BIG_KERNEL] [MD5] [MONO]
>> Last link date: Tue Jan 22 17:46:27 EST 2002
>> Contact: bootldr@handhelds.org
  baudrate=<115200>
  os= <autoselect>
  boot_type= <jffs2>
  kernel_in_ram=<0xC0008000>
  autoboot_kernel_part= <kernel>
  force_unzip=<0x00000000>
  noerase=<0x00000000>
  override=<0x00000000>
  icache_enabled=<0x00000001>
  dcache_enabled=<0x00000000>
  entry=<0xC0000000>
  copy_ramdisk=<0x00000000>
  ramdisk_addr=<0x00000000>
  dram_size=<0x04000000>
  memc_ctrl_reg=<0x0000110C>
  linuxargs= < noinitrd root=/dev/mtdblock1 init=/linuxrc
console=ttySA0>
  mach_type=<22>
  kernel_partition= <root>
  kernel_filename= <boot/zImage>
  ptable_addr=<0xC0004242>
  hostname= <>
  domainname= <>
  ipaddr= <>
  gateway= <>
  netmask= <>
  dns1= <>
  dns2= <>
  netcfg= <>
  nfs_server_address= <>
  nfsroot= <>
  verbose=<0x00000000>
  cmdex=<0x00000001>
  jffs2_sector_marker0=<0x20031985>
  jffs2_sector_marker1=<0x0000000C>
  jffs2_sector_marker2=<0xE41EB0B1>
  recb_cmd= <>
  calb_cmd= <ser_con>
  conb_cmd= <irda_con>
  qb_cmd= <>
  startb_cmd= <boot>
  upb_cmd= <>
  rightb_cmd= <>
  leftb_cmd= <>
  downb_cmd= <>
  suppress_splash= <>
  autoboot_timeout=<10>
  xmodem_initial_timeout=<15>
  xmodem_timeout=<10>
  xmodem_one_nak=<0x00000000>
  ymodem=<0x00000000>

What could be wrong? Is mach_type 22 right for a 3660? I had no such
problems with 0.5.1-pre2. Another maybe related issue is that the
bootloader screen is now upside down (keypad to the right) compared to
earlier versions. Or is it supposed to? The penguin screen is as before
(keypad to the left).

/JRL
--
Chemicals, n.:
	Noxious substances from which modern foods are made.