List:       fail2ban-users
Subject:    [Fail2ban-users] Fwd: Re:  extra postfix bans
From:       Mike <t3 () rohms ! com>
Date:       2020-03-25 16:03:14

>I'm using sendmail-reject, which gets lots of hits after I
>disallowed authentication on port 25. I'm assuming it's bots looking
>for a way to guess logins. Perhaps you can adapt those rules for Postfix.

I've been using login-shield
(https://github.com/dpsystems/login-shield) to stop a lot of that,
but it doesn't by default block port 25/smtp traffic - I don't want
to cause filters to reject mail just logins.

Although in this case, there doesn't appear to be an attempt to
login?  So just checking for vulnerabilities or something?

If anybody can help draft a rule to catch this stuff too, let me
know.  Or does anybody think it could interfere with legitimate
traffic?  Not sure what's going on with the connections and drops.