List:       fail2ban-users
Subject:    Re: [Fail2ban-users] Regexps do not match
From:       "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <Ralf+fail2ban () bergs ! biz>
Date:       2016-02-22 9:57:24

On 2016-02-22 09:42 , Nick Howitt wrote:
> If it is any consolation,
:-D
> I've been struggling with fail2ban-regex and but I have not been able
> to get to the bottom of it. I could not even get it to match ".*
> <host>$" or even " <host>$". (using 0.9.2) :(
Well, that could either mean we're both idiots, or maybe fail2ban is not
exactly intuitive to configure? ;-)

I think I will now start with very basic expressions (something which I
don't like, I want to be a specific and strict as possible to prevent
false alerts from being picked up), and if I got this working try to get
more precise...

If there are any other hints how to best approach as a newbie "getting
things done" I would appreciate such very much.

Kind regards,

Ralf