List:       f-spot-list
Subject:    Re: Still trying to compile f-spot
From:       Jack <ostroffjh () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2015-03-21 22:19:14

Well, I managed to install mono 3.12, and got f-spot to compile without
error, but crashes on startup with a popup starting
---------------------
An unhandled exception was thrown: libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll
   at (wrapper managed-to-native) GtkBeans.Builder:gtk_builder_get_type
()
   at GtkBeans.Builder.get_GType () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at GtkSharp.GtkbeansSharp.ObjectManager.Initialize () [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
   at GtkBeans.Builder..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
An exception was thrown by the type initializer for GtkBeans.Builder
   at FSpot.MainWindow..ctor (FSpot.Database.Db db) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
   at FSpot.App.get_Organizer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at FSpot.App.HandleOrganize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at FSpot.App.Organize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at FSpot.Driver.Startup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup
(Hyena.Gui.StartupInvocationHandler startup) [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
.NET Version: 4.0.30319.17020
OS Version: Unix 3.17.8.1
---------------------

So - I wiped everything out and started from scratch, and now I get a
compile error (omitting lots of warnings):
---------------------
/usr/lib64/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference
'nunit.framework, Version=2.6.3.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=96d09a1eb7f44a77' not resolved
GIOTagLibFileAbstractionTests.cs(31,7): error CS0234: The type or
namespace name `Framework' does not exist in the namespace `NUnit'. Are
you missing an assembly reference?
MetadataTest.cs(31,7): error CS0234: The type or namespace name
`Framework' does not exist in the namespace `NUnit'. Are you missing an
assembly reference?
SafeUriTests.cs(33,7): error CS0234: The type or namespace name
`Framework' does not exist in the namespace `NUnit'. Are you missing an
assembly reference?
SidecarXmpExtensionsTests.cs(34,7): error CS0234: The type or namespace
name `Framework' does not exist in the namespace `NUnit'. Are you
missing an assembly reference?
XdgThumbnailSpecTests.cs(32,7): error CS0234: The type or namespace
name `Framework' does not exist in the namespace `NUnit'. Are you
missing an assembly reference?
CSC:  warning CS1701: Assuming assembly reference `Mono.Cairo,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'
matches assembly `Mono.Cairo, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'. You may need to supply runtime policy
Mono.Addins.Gui/HeaderBox.cs(148,10): warning CS0618:
`Cairo.Context.Pattern' is obsolete: `Use GetSource/GetSource'
Makefile:1074: recipe for target 'sln_build' failed
make: *** [sln_build] Error 1

The only reference to nunit.framework I find under mono is 2.4.8, so I
wonder if I still have some version dependency issues

Jack