List:       f-spot-list
Subject:    Re: How dead is f-spot
From:       Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam () whitemice ! org>
Date:       2014-12-08 20:03:13

On Sat, 2014-12-06 at 13:52 -0500, Jack wrote:
> Gentoo just marked f-spot as dead with the comment "Dead for 4 years,
> relies on obsolete lcms, bundles a lot of libs.  Removal in a month."

There was work on the LCMS dependency.  I'm not sure where that ended
up.

> The only git items I see in the log for the last year and a half are
> translation issues.  Is there any hope of revival, or do I really need
> to start looking for a replacement?

It still works well for me, but yeah... someday.

Do any of the alternatives support hierarchical tagging like f-spot
does?  Last I looked shotwell[*1] did not.

I have not looked at digikam.

I would like something GNOMEish that fits nicely in the GNOME
environment.

[*1]  And I'm still a bit bitter about the whole Shotwell thing - when
they could have just contributed to an existing application].

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam@whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383