List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: Getting started
From:       "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b () dd-b ! net>
Date:       2000-07-24 16:05:21

Kiran <kiran@indiainfoline.com> writes on 24 July 2000 at 12:14:46 +0530
 > Hi,
 >     I have been able to import a test database of addresses. But I am unable
 > to proceed now. Like
 > 1. How do I send a message to all the members in the list.

Send it to the main list address.  In terms of the arguments to
ezmlm-make, send it to local@host.

 > 2. How do I make it an announcement only list.

The easiest way is to make it moderated (ezmlm-make -m flag) with
yourself as the moderator, and then only approve your own postings.
The other safe alternative is to build a front-end script for the
editor file that does PGP authorization on the message, so only
messages signed with the right key get approved through.  The other
alternatives aren't safe; they end up depending on a "secret" address
or something.

 > 3. It should also be able to subscribe an address sent to it automatically
 > without sending a confirmation msg.

This is something you shouldn't do; it makes you a potential
accomplice in various annoying ways to harrass people (sign them up
for a gazillion mailing lists).  However, the ezmlm-make "-h" flag
will do what you're asking for.

You might want to read the ezmlm-make man page more carefully; given
that two of your answers are right there pretty plainly.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b