List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: Problem subscribing to ezmlm-based lists using email aliases
From:       Charles Cazabon <ezmlm () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2007-01-31 14:53:09

Steven P. Ulrick <lists@afolkey2.net> wrote:

> I have a fully qualified domain name (afolkey2.net) and I have
> customarily used different aliases for different mailing list.

Okay.

[...]
> I get no response from the list, no error messages, and "mailq" doesn't show
> any messages stuck in the queue.  In addition, /var/log/maillog always
> claims success.

If you send a message to the list subscription address, and your mail logs
show the MX for that domain accepting the message, you've done your part.

If you never receive the list's confirmation/challenge message in return, the
next step is to contact the listmaster/postmaster of the list domain and ask
them to investigate -- we can't tell you anything about how those lists are
run.

Charles