List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: How to broadcast to all lists?
From:       Charles Cazabon <ezmlm () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2007-01-29 13:28:01

David I. Bell <DIBL@pacbell.net> wrote:

> > Everybody on the list only gets one of the announce messages.
>
> Nice suggestion, thanks!

You're welcome.

> Now... suppose I add another constraint:
>
> * I'd like to be able to keep track of those who directly
> subscribed to the list vs. those I programmatically add to send
> out the broadcast.

It would probably be easier to set up separate lists -- one people can
manually subscribe to, if they're not on any of the other lists, and one which
doesn't take subscription requests at all, but is instead populated before
each mailout with the contents of the other content lists.  Then send your
announcements messages to both of these (the "manual subscribe" list and the
"all subscribers of other lists" ones).

Charles