List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: Help with qmail editing to reject envelope forgeries
From:       Rick van der Zwet <rick () wzoeterwoude ! net>
Date:       2007-01-17 12:55:29

Hi Dan,

On 1/17/07 3:12 AM, Dan O'Neill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> |/var/qmail/bin/bouncesaying '5813 rejected' /var/qmail/bin/except
> /bin/sh -c 'echo "$SENDER" | /bin/grep -Eq "@yourdomain.com$"'

Do mind this is very dangerous, cause when someone is sending an email
with a different encoding, grep will get confused.
> However, now the spammers are forging the SENDER id.  How could I add
> something to staff/editors to check the envelope "From " header, and if
> not from our domain, reject them?

-Using your old solution (shell)
|/var/qmail/bin/bouncesaying '5813 rejected' /var/qmail/bin/except
head -1 | grep -qE '^From .*@yourdomain.com.*'

-Use the '-u' flag, this will only allow members to post.
http://www.ezmlm.org/man/man1/ezmlm-make.1.html

-Put a spamfilter like spammasassin between your MTA and ezmlm and
reject the message when the flag 'X-Spam-Status: *****' (or something
like that), or pipe it though spamc and base your actions on the result
of spamc.

I properly would stick with solution (2 &) 3

/Rick
--
http://rickvanderzwet.nl