List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: mailing lists faq and info options
From:       Charles Cazabon <ezmlm () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2005-06-17 19:02:42

Douglas Binet <dbinet@midniterain.com> wrote:

> I am hosting some of my clients with Host Excellence and have set up various
> mailing lists to accommodate my clients needs. However, I am unable to add
> any information to the faq for that particular mailing list(s), or to the
> info for that mailing list(s). Host Excellence has informed me that these
> options are not functional within ezmlm and cannot be changed/added to.

Either they're wrong about this, or they're not being clear.  ezmlm-idx will
allow you to set up a list in such a way that you can do remote editing of the
various text files, including the FAQ.

Possibilities include them using vanilla ezmlm instead of ezmlm-idx, them not
setting up the lists with remote editing turned on, or just being wrong.

> So I requested that they change the automated messaging so that subscribers
> would not receive the impression that they could use those features. But
> they said they could not.

"Would not".  They could at least edit the text files manually, but have
chosen not to do this for you.

Charles