List:       ezmlm
Subject:    [Fwd: Re: question about setting up a listserve]
From:       Rebecca Rosales <rrosales () osogrande ! com>
Date:       2004-08-16 19:25:04

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: question about setting up a listserve
Date: 	Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:56:08 -0600
From: 	Rebecca Rosales <rrosales@osogrande.com>
To: 	matt@webolution.com

I have run into this before.  It was a nightmare.  I know that the help
pages said to use the -m flag but it really doesn't seem to do what you
want. So this is how I set up my moderated list
Ezmlm-make -m ~/listname ~/.qmail-listname listname lists.host.com
 By default this list will be set up so that all list postings go
through the moderator for approval before being posted to the list. If
you want this to be so only the moderator can post then you have to
create the list with the -m switch and then edit the /DIR/editor file
and make sure that it looks like this:

|/usr/bin/ezmlm-reject '/var/ezmlm/listname'
|/usr/bin/ezmlm-issubn '/var/ezmlm/listname/mod' || { echo " Sorry, only
owners may post. If you are a subscriber, please forward your message to
listname@host.com (#5.7.2)"; exit 100; }
|/usr/bin/ezmlm-send '/var/ezmlm/listname'
|/usr/bin/ezmlm-warn '/var/ezmlm/listname' || exit 0

I have not tested this using any other flags except the -m, such as
enabling digests and remote admin so you may want to play with the
config. As is stands this works perfectly for me.
Good luck
hope this helps

--
Rebecca Rosales