List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: Problem with ezmlm and qmail/vpopmail
From:       Brian Reichert <reichert () saffron ! net>
Date:       2004-05-28 19:21:09

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:54:37PM +0200, Martin Sauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use qmail 1.03 with vpopmail for virtualdomains. With ezmlm I want to
> create a mailinglist. Fetchmail gets the mail from my pop3 server send it to
> the mailinglist (-> stara@stbussard). From ezmlm I get only the message
> that:
>
> ezmlm-reject: fatal: List address must be in To: or Cc: (#5.7.0)
>
> Can anyone tell me how I use ezmlm with the virtual domains?

I have no idea why fetchmail is involved, but your error message
is caused by your forwarding with fetchmail not introducing the
list name in the headers.

You have two options:

- reconfigure your list to _not_ require the listname be in place; see

  <http://ezmlm.org/faq-0.40/FAQ-8.html#ss8.1>

  8.1 Requiring the list address in To:/Cc: headers.

  To disable this restriction, remove the ``DIR'' argument from the
  ezmlm-reject(1) command line, or add the ``-T'' switch.

- configure you're usage of fetchmail to construct the missing
  header line when it submits mail to the MTA; see the manpage for
  fetchmail;

Good luck..

--
Brian Reichert <reichert@saffron.net>		   Saffron Solutions, LLC
A customer-focused IT services company offering