List:       ezmlm
Subject:    Re: getting a SENDER to post without moderation in a moderated list
From:       Arthur Prokosch <aprokosch () tsne ! org>
Date:       2004-05-28 13:33:54

so...why not have user FW or X, send the message to _you_, who can then post it \
directly to the list?

I know it's not a technical solution, but short of hacking up your script to put at \
the top of your own .courier -> editor file, it may be the easiest...

-arthur.

--
Arthur Prokosch, Technology Associate
Third Sector New England

Dan Lewis wrote:

> On Friday 28 May 2004 05:35 am, you wrote:
>

> > Hello--
> >
> > I am very happy with ezmlm, and so are all my users !
> > I am writing because I would like to know how I can configure my list
> > to act like this :
> >
> > User FW can post without moderation.
> > He is not a subscriber.
> > He is not a moderator.
> > (He does not receive any messages from the list)
> >
> > All other users are subscribers,
> > They can post but their posts are moderated.
> >
> > All non-subscribers' posts are moderated.
> >
> > Thanks very much,
> >
> > --Sam
> >

> Pardon me, I seem a little confused. From what your wrote, everyone
> whether a subscriber or not are moderated. If that is the way you want
> it, why would you want to give special privileges to a non-subscriber
> because he/she wants to FW something to the list? If you have a good
> reason for moderating all posts, then why make an exception? I do not
> understand your logic in this.
>
> Dan

Thanks for your rapid reply Dan.

Every week I want to forward a document sent by the planning staff of
the company (user "FW", or user "X"), to members of the company that
want to receive that planning.
This is not official, but tolerated (we are in France...).
I use a mailing list because I can maintain a list of emails of the
people in the company, (which nobody else has), so that we have a
mechanism for getting a message to anybody in the company who has a
computer, which will probably be useful some day. If and when that
happens, I need to moderate that message to make sure it is appropriate.
The planning staff member user "X" obviously is not part of this list,
and should receive no message whatsoever that makes a fuss about its
existence. He's already nice enough to mail a copy to the list at all.

So do you know how to do it ?

Thanks,

--Sam