List:       extremeprogramming
Subject:    Re: [XP] Re: Can Refactoring ever be bad?
From:       Chris Dollin <kers () hplb ! hpl ! hp ! com>
Date:       2005-06-27 12:11:14

On Sunday 26 June 2005 21:36, SirGilligan wrote:

> The experience I have with refactoring in an IDE has to do with
> moving a method or changing a class name. I don't consider this
> refactoring. It is more like an editing utility.

Nevertheless, it's a refactoring; movibg a method is *definitely*
a design change.

move/rename happens the most often, but ExtractNestedClassToAFile
turns up pretty often (eg when TDDing a new class into existence),
as does ChangeMethodSignature and PullUpIntoSuperClass.

I'd like InjectClassIntoHierarchy, too, and have it apply (on
request) to all uses in some scope (eg a specific package).

--
Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
It's called *extreme* programming, not *stupid* programming.

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
Yahoo! Groups Links