List:       extremeprogramming
Subject:    RE: [XP] Re: Estimation stuff -- Yesterday's Weather
From:       "Andrei GHEORGHE" <agheorghe () softwin ! ro>
Date:       2002-10-31 20:09:38

I did't say we are successful with them. We are doing our best to improve
ourselvs. We are learning. But I think that things are better now.

Yes, we have been doing them for a while. In fact we have adopted them
gradually. First I've experimented refactoring and simple design. Then I've
added test first. Then pair programming. Collective ownership came along
with pairing (well, we still have a problem with older code, where only one
of us knows what's inside).

> So...
>
> How many "Perfect Engineering Weeks (pew)" of User Stories did you
> get done in the last iteration?

I don't know. We have not estimated in pew until now. We've just assigned
some estimates to our features. Never thought something like: featureA is
twice as hard than featureB.
So we don't have a unit for estimating (like pew, point, gummi bear, or
other funny thing).

Andrei.

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com