List:       extremeprogramming
Subject:    [XP] ASP.NET Page Templates?
From:       "Chris Morris" <chrismo () clabs ! org>
Date:       2002-10-31 20:30:11

I've whacked out a few aspx pages on a new project, and thought - hey I need
a base class so I can inject some common header and footer html -- just
simple stuff.

It would seem from the little research I've done (including this article
[http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2001_12/magazine/columns/aspnet/page2.asp])
that this is not a simple refactor a base class and go. All the solutions
I've seen seem to involve a pre-determined scheme for controlling layout
with user controls that would require touching every page I've made so far
and redoing it -- and also rendering the web form designer useless because
re-rendered in base and descendant class.

Is there a simpler way?

Chris
http://clabs.org

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com