List:       extremeprogramming
Subject:    [XP] Staged delivery [Day 2... From the author...]
From:       Phlip <pplumlee () omnigon ! com>
Date:       2002-09-28 18:48:20

Bill Walton sez:
> > There's lifecyle that Steve McConnell
> > (in Rapid Development) refers to as staged delivery. Essentially this
> > combines a waterfall analysis and architectural design phases with
> > iterative code and test phases.
>
> I'm going to have to learn more about this.  What do XP advocates say about
> this approach?  (As if there's *an* answer ;-) )

SD sez that you must design for the future features, but code the current
ones. And of course it sez that a formal design process on paper is
automatically a good thing.

I think you'l find general agreement about the effects of so much work with
no real feedback.

--
  Phlip
   http://www.greencheese.org/InMildDefenseOfTheGnats