List:       extremeprogramming
Subject:    Re: [XP] Re: Day 2... From the author...
From:       Phlip <pplumlee () omnigon ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 22:47:09

Charlie Poole sez:

> It seems to me that the simplification XP applies to the various
> businesses is useful in lots of situations, so long as we remember
> that it is a simplification.
>
> By asking ourselves how we would develop if we could encapsulate all
> that messy customer/business stuff in one role, XP has come up with
> the Customer and an entire planning process which successfully
> ignores one part of the real world's complexity. That's why it works.
>
> For the issue you bring up, we need to ask "How can we develop if
> we are unable to encapsulate all that s2t in the Customer?" I don't
> know the answer, but I'm guessing it involves more, not less
> customer involvement. It might even need to draw on some of the
> skills that business analysts typically exercise.

Peter Merel said this recently:

"Before XP the managers could always blame the team. If the team's doing XP,
then the only ones who can be blamed are the managers. You had your chance,
mate. You didn't just flub it up once, you flubbed it up every two weeks. You
are nailed to the tree, mate."

Not really sure where he was going with that, besides restating the obvious.

--
  Phlip
     http://www.greencheese.org/SpringPicnicZero

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com