List:       ext3-users
Subject:    RE: Compact Flash, EXT3, and IDE - a bad idea?
From:       "Kieft, Brian" <bkieft () mbari ! org>
Date:       2007-04-24 17:29:56

Good points. Thanks for the advice. I'll give badblocks a try (currently it's not a \
part of my build so I'll run it from a different machine with a card reader).

In terms of power loss and corrupt sectors, both of the systems that I'm having \
issues with do experience occasional and sudden power interruptions.

Results from running dd showed multiple inode errors. Then the system crashed. On the \
subsequent boot, e2fsck attempted to repair the card and couldn't. It could only be \
mounted as EXT2 after that! Attempting to run tunefs gives:

sbin/tune2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda1
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Also, the partition info is here:
major minor  #blocks  name

   3     0    8064000 hda
   3     1    8063968 hda1