List:       ext3-users
Subject:    best parameters for fixed-size files on a RAID5 partition ?
From:       Ionel GARDAIS <ionel.gardais () tech-advantage ! com>
Date:       2007-04-18 13:12:04

Hi there,
Sorry for the dup, here are more informations.

I'll soon run RedHat4 U4 ES with multiple 4TB partitions made of a
7-disks RAID5 array.
Almost all files on these partitions will have a fixed size of 32MB.

Should I leave the default raid chunk size to 64k with ext3's 4k blocks ?
What are the best tweaks around to optimize overall performance ?

Thanks,
Ionel

--
Ionel GARDAIS