List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: An enhancement request too.
From:       Hal DeVore <haldevore () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-03-31 19:22:12

  Klaus> I'm clearly a die hard exmh-user, so that's not an
  Klaus> option.

Me, too.  But I do view a few of the html mails I get using
Opera.  The message is in my exmh mailbox but I in the
Preferences -> WWW panel I've set "How to display text/html" to
"defer".  My "URL Viewer" is "netscape" but is really a wrapper
script for Opera.  See the Wiki page on using Opera with exmh.

When I get an html mail that I actually want to look at I click
the "View using netscape" button that exmh shows and the page
opens in Opera.  Opera runs thru a privoxy proxy so I don't get
ads or web bugs.

  Klaus> It should only handle the included text and discard the
  Klaus> html-tokens

So you want a limited view of text/html mail that avoids viewing
anything not included in the message.  That's not a bad idea.
You can "fake it" now by pointing the html viewer proxy at an
unused port on localhost.

--Hal