List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: mail with html
From:       Hal DeVore <haldevore () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-02-28 16:48:49

  PierreBlanchet> la version 2.6.1 vient de sortir, est vachement
  PierreBlanchet> plus mieux mais ne réglera sans doute pas
  PierreBlanchet> ton problème, sauf si tu ajoutes dans
  PierreBlanchet> ~/.exmh/exmh-defaults: !! pour afficher de
  PierreBlanchet> préférence

Good suggestion IF the problem mails are in multipart/alternative
format with equivalent parts in text/plain and text/html.  And,
by the way, this isn't new with 2.6.1, it's been around for quite
a long time.  It is better documented in 2.6.1 (or in a post
2.6.1 update)

  James> I've seen this before when the html mail in question is
  James> trying to display a linked image from an unresponsive
  James> site.

Ah, yes.  I knew this was tickling a memory cell.  I'm not aware
of a useful work-around.  Some people point the built-in HTML
viewer at a non-existent proxy.  That way you don't get bit by
webbugs. you also don't get to see any of the images in html mail
since they're not usually carried along in the message.  You can
change the HTML view proxy setting using the Preferences -> HTML
Viewer panel.

--Hal