List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: n(ext) when at last message in a folder (v2.6.1)
From:       Tony Nugent <tony () linuxworks ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-02-26 2:30:30

On Tue Feb 25 2003 at 17:10, Hal DeVore wrote:

> Tony> BTW, I'm finding that I am posting bug and "beta
> Tony> testing" reports to exmh-users.  Should I subscribe to
> Tony> exmh-workers and confine these discussions to that forum?
> Tony> What I'm posting must be very boring for so many people
> Tony> here... (sorry)
>
> My opinion, fwiw:  Brent posted on exmh-users that 2.6.1 was
> available.  So discussion about that release is appropriate
> here.

Ok, thanks Hal - I feel better now :)

> You're always welcome to jump over to exmh-users if you
> want, though.  (there, was that a non-answer or what, you'd
> think I had become a politician!)

> -)

If things continue to go on with lots of bug-like reports, I may
subscribe there.  Meanshile there is some email happening privately
as well, and the problems I'm seeing are getting more focused.

Below here is a cut of what I'm currently using in ftoc.tcl to track
the problem with the log window in a way that avoids causing any
errors... it's interesting to see when that warning message gets
hit.

> --Hal

Cheers
Tony
=======8<---- cut from Ftoc_FindMsg around line 511 in /usr/lib/exmh-2.6.1/ftoc.tcl \
----  if {$minmsgid == ""} {
          Exmh_Status "WARNING - No value for minmsgid \
(msgid,maxmsgid)=($msgid,$maxmsgid)" warn  set nextlineno [expr \
int(($maxlineno+$minlineno)/2)]  } else {
           # Don't divide in two, guestimate where the line might be instead
          set nextlineno [expr \
int($minlineno+1+($msgid-$minmsgid)*($maxlineno-$minlineno-2)/($maxmsgid-$minmsgid))] \