List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: detaching a bunch of MIME attachments, command-line?
From:       Joel Hatton <exmh-users () auscert ! org ! au>
Date:       2003-02-19 5:08:24

Hi,

> You can also use "mhstore", or the exmh-strip procedure I wrote.
> exmh-strip modifies the message to contain a pointer to the file,
> and picks out the file name from the attachment.  mhstore doesn't
> pick file names very well.

On this note, has anyone but me noticed that mhstore doesn't appear to
honour any directives for its default save directory? Yes, I did whinge
about this a little while back :)

FYI, the function I hacked for saving word docs has changed slightly -
Msg_CheckPoint worked with 2.5, but not with my CVS version of 11/28:

proc Msg_Mhstore_Joel {} {
    global exmh
    # Msg_CheckPoint (not available in -latest)
    Ftoc_Iterate line {
        set msgid [Ftoc_MsgNumber $line]
        Exmh_Status "mhstore $exmh(folder) $msgid from $line..."
        catch { MhExec mhstore -auto -type application/msword +$exmh(folder) $msgid } tmp
        Exmh_Status "$tmp"
    }
}

-- joel --
AusCERT, ITS, Uni of Qld, Australia -- hotline: [+61] [07] 33654417
my opinions in this email are not endorsed by AusCERT or Uni of Qld
this message may not be onforwarded without my expressed permission