List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: XYZ: integrating a couple spamassassin actions into the
From:       Brent Welch <welch () panasas ! com>
Date:       2002-08-18 21:12:40

For what it's worth, here is a version w/out an external script

proc NotSpamMsg {} {
    global msg
    if {[catch {
        exec spamassassin -d < $msg(path) > $msg(path).new
    } err]} {
        Exmh_Debug "spamassassin error: $err"
        if {[file exists $msg(path).new]} {
            file delete $msg(path).new
        }
    }
    file rename -force $msg(path).new $msg(path)
    busy Scan_FolderForce
}

The Scan_FolderForce seems like a heavy hammer - is the subject line
altered by spamassassin?  It would be nice to be able to rescan a single
message and update the display, but I don't see anything handy in
the scan.tcl module for that.  If the date/from/subject doesn't change,
then you might not need to rescan the folder.

>>>zamboni@acm.org said:
 >
 > harlan@feinsteins.net said:
 > > o  remove the SA markup from a message
 >
 > I've only done this one, but I imagine the other should be analogous,
just
 > using the appropriate commands.
 >
 > First, in ~/.exmh/exmh-defaults:
 >
 > ! Add a button to remove Spam markings
 > *Mops.more.m.uentrylist: sep unspam
 > *Mops.more.m.t_sep: separator
 > *Mops.more.m.l_unspam: Remove spam markings
 > *Mops.more.m.c_unspam: NotSpamMsg
 > *Mops.ugm_current: {Remove spam markings}
 >
 > Then in ~/.tk/exmh/user.tcl:
 >
 > proc NotSpamMsg {} {
 >         global msg
 >         exec unspamassassin $msg(path)
 >         busy Scan_FolderForce
 > }
 >
 > (within tclsh, run "auto_mkindex ~/.tk/exmh *.tcl" after adding it to
 > update
 > the tclIndex file)
 >
 > Finally, my "unspamassassin" script, which should be in your path
(probably
 > could use some extra error checking, but I've never had problems with
this
 > version):
 >
 > -------------------------------------
 > #!/bin/sh
 > # Remove SpamAssassin markings in place
 >
 > F=$1
 > NF=$1.new
 >
 > spamassassin -d < $F > $NF || exit 1
 > mv $NF $F || exit 1
 >
 > Hope this helps,
 > --Diego

Brent Welch
Software Architect, Panasas Inc
Pioneering the World's Most Scalable and Agile Storage Network
www.panasas.com
welch@panasas.com