List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: error reusing a draft  (and version consistency)
From:       Fred Douglis <douglis () research ! att ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 14:14:33

kchrist@lsil.com said:
> So, it seems I still can't reproduce the bug. If I can find the time
> I'll try a clean 2.5 install (instead of CVS) to see if I can
> reproduce  the bug there.

(gulp)  <-- the sound of me swallowing my pride :)

There's a reason you couldn't reproduce it.  Turns out I had a modified copy
of msg.tcl floating around.  It had been so long since I had customized exmh
in any fashion, or used tcl/tk explicitly, I'd forgotten where these were, and
looked in the wrong place.

Sorry for the wild goose chase!

This does bring to mind a suggestion, though: is there support in tcl for
requiring specific versions of files, and if so, would it make sense for the
driver code to use that?  I doubt I'm the only one to ever get burned by an
older version taking precedence over a newer one, but this should be
detectable.  (Even without explicit tcl support, each file could simply set or
check some global variable...)

Thanks again for checking out this phantom bug report, and sorry for not
catching this sooner.

Fred