List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: A feature request for use with PGP/GPG?
From:       Ben Escoto <bescoto () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2001-09-21 18:28:19

  >> But recently I have been missing this functionality.  Perhaps
  >> whoever is working on the PGP/GPG code could make a high level
  >> interface, document it, and then commit to not breaking it very
  >> often?  It could come in handy in cases like this as well as for
  >> people who use an external editor.

  Kevin> A while back exmh moved from using headers in the draft to
  Kevin> using global variables for controlling when to encrypt/sign
  Kevin> with PGP. My guess is that is when your code broke. For emacs
  Kevin> to be able to indicate whether to encrypt or sign a message
  Kevin> you'll probably have to use Tk's send command.

Probably, although I was already using Tk's send, and running the
Pgp_EncryptWhatNow and then the Pgp_Process commands.

  Kevin> In the past I've posted to this list some code snippets to
  Kevin> allow changing the encrypt/sign option before editing the
  Kevin> draft. Those should work even with an external editor.

Well, the way I wanted it, and the way it used to work, is I could
press some buttons from emacs, exmh would encrypt it, and then the
changes would show up in the emacs buffer.  Then I could send it,
undo, whatever.  I haven't searched for your code yet - does it do
something like this?

    Perhaps things are stable now, but I had the feeling that unless
there were some semi-official hooks, code like this could get broken
quite easily, because the people working on it wouldn't know of any
interface (other than Exmh's top level UI) that should be preserved.

--
Ben Escoto