List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: PGP/MIME signed messages unreadable by some users. Why?
From:       Andy Bradford <andyb () caldera ! com>
Date:       2001-09-12 21:56:17

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:51:29 PDT, Patrick Salsbury wrote:

> I would  understand that the  signature can't  be read if  they don't
> have PGP installed, but shouldn't they be able to read the text/plain
> portion?

Oddly enough, there isn't a text/plain portion to your message. I opened
it up  in vi  just to  make sure. All  that was  there was  an encrypted
message (maybe  not encrypted  because I  can read  it) that  began with
-----BEGIN PGP  MESSAGE-----. I was,  however, able to read  the message
just fine so I'm not sure how  this was encoded because it couldn't have
been encrypted unless you encrypted it  with your private key and anyone
with your public key can read it or something...

Andy
--
GnuPG Key ID: 0xE969EF0C
Fingerprint: A576 829B 35CA 2DCB 63F5  10AC D42B 56EE E969 EF0C