List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: Mail RFCs updated
From:       Tom Allard <m1tca00 () frb ! gov>
Date:       2001-04-26 12:12:28

One thing to note is that RFC2822 makes it unambiguous that the *author*
of the message sets the "Reply-to" header and not the "Sender" (i.e.
mailing-lists should NOT set "Reply-To").

   The originator fields also provide the information required when
   replying to a message.  When the "Reply-To:" field is present, it
   indicates the mailbox(es) to which the author of the message suggests
   that replies be sent.

Not sure I like that, but it is the new standard...

rgds-- TA  (tallard@frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.