List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: printing
From:       Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2000-11-28 21:45:37

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:25:44 -0500, Diego Zamboni <zamboni@cerias.purdue.edu>
wrote:

> ovidiu@cup.hp.com said:
> > Is any of these pretty printing filters able to handle HTML emails?
>
> I have "How to display text/html" set to "defer" and I view them with
> Netscape. If I need to print an HTML message, I print it with Netscape, which
> is considerably more evolved than exmh's HTML viewer. Each tool for its job.

Thanks a lot, this seems to work better than the inline HTML viewer for
printing.

> > Also how about supporting Word document attachments?
>
> Just a few days ago, Anders Eriksson wrote:
>
> aer-list@mailandnews.com said:
> > The cvs now contains support for an inline word viewer based on the
> > antiword package. Antiword has to a feature to generate postscript
> > from  an MS Word document.
>
> Which may be just what you need.

I looked at antiword, but it looks to have a rather primitive support for Word.
Certainly images are not supported and some of the more complex documents that
I have don't display quite well. I think I'll stick with StarOffice, even
though I don't like it too much as it takes over the whole display. I hope the
OpenOffice version will be more modular and be more cooperative with the other
XWindows applications, exmh included.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>