List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: Threading problem...
From:       Hal DeVore <haldevore () acm ! org>
Date:       2000-11-14 13:17:58

  Nils> I have a threading problem. The threading appears to
  Nils> happen in the name field as opposed to happening in the
  Nils> subject as it probably should, so I get an offset name
  Nils> (after the first letter).

The problem is that the tweaking with the scan output (folder
table of contents) that the "threading" does has to be adjusted
to match your scan form.  Since scan forms are infinitely
flexible there's not really a way to figure out _after the fact_
where the subject is in the scan output.

You need to put something like this:

! Override due to non-standard scan format
*Fops.more.m.c_thread:	busy Thread_DisplayAll 62 +-->

into your ~/.exmh/exmh-defaults file.

The number ("62" in the example) will have to be adjusted to the
column in which your subject begins.

Shut exmh down, insert the override, bring exmh back up.

--Hal

P.S., this is one of those exmh features that _really_ belongs
in the underlying nmh, imho.