List:       exmh-users
Subject:    upgrade to nmh 1.0.4 broken?  [long]
From:       Andy Bradford <bradipo () xmission ! com>
Date:       2000-04-16 2:12:03

I upgraded nmh this morning and have been unable to receive any email
in exmh since.  I can get it from the command line just fine though,
however, exmh just won't incorporate the email.  If I look in the logs
all I see is this:
exmh-bg {Background_DoPeriodic inc}
exmh-bg {BgAction Inc IncInner}
Checking dropboxes...

exmh-bg {Inc_Presort +MyIncTmp: {inc: no mail to incorporate}}
exmh-bg {FlistFindUnseen reset=0}
FlistFindStart reset=0 active=0
Flist_Done

It looks as if it is not reading my maildrops in .xmcheck... does this
sound reasonable?

If I check mail from the command line it does this:

[bradipo@sicilia bradipo]$ msgchk -snoop -host mail.xmission.com
<--- +OK QPOP (version ?) at mail.xmission.com starting.
---> USER bradipo
<--- +OK Password required for bradipo.
---> PASS ********
<--- +OK bradipo has 2 messages (2189 octets).
---> STAT
<--- +OK 2 2189
---> QUIT
<--- +OK Pop server at mail.xmission.com signing off.
You have 2 messages (2189 bytes) on mail.xmission.com

And finally, if I run inc from the command line it will get the mail
just fine, however, I'm wondering why it might have prompted me for the
password since I do have a .netrc with the proper entries.

[bradipo@sicilia bradipo]$ inc +MyIncTmp -snoop -host mail.xmission.com
Password (mail.xmission.com:bradipo):
<--- +OK QPOP (version ?) at mail.xmission.com starting.
---> USER bradipo
<--- +OK Password required for bradipo.
---> PASS ********
<--- +OK bradipo has 2 messages (2200 octets).
---> STAT
<--- +OK 2 2200
Incorporating new mail into MyIncTmp...

---> RETR 1
<--- +OK Message follows
   1+ 04/15 bradipo@xmission.  Test<<Test >>
---> DELE 1
<--- +OK Message 1 has been deleted.
---> RETR 2
<--- +OK Message follows
   2  04/15 "Kyle K"           Recommended partition sizes<<What are the recomm
---> DELE 2
<--- +OK Message 2 has been deleted.
---> QUIT
<--- +OK Pop server at mail.xmission.com signing off.

I have been slaving away at this for hours now and would like to get
exmh working again so I don't have to run inc from the command line and
so that I can do it non-interactively.  Anyone with ideas?

Andy
--
        +====== Andy ====== TiK: garbaglio ======+
        |    Linux is about freedom of choice    |