List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: get rid of local hostname in outging mails
From:       Juergen Vollmer <vollmer () cocolab ! de>
Date:       2000-04-15 11:53:54

I wrote:
> I use exmh 2.1.1 on a Linux box (SuSe 6.4). When sending mails, "somebo=
dy"
> includes my local host name "joergli" in the "sender" and other fields =
of the
> outging mail. This triggers some problems, since
> 	joergli.cocolab.de
> is not a known name in the outer space of the internet. Even masqueradi=
ng
> does not reduce this to "cocolab.de". (When running sendmail -q -v I ca=
n follow
> the messages, and then see "joergli.cocolab.de" is exchanged by the pro=
tocol).

Thank's to all for so many tips.

Masquerading already works. My current theory that some mail servers do n=
ot
accept email form me is that sendmail starts its dialog with
       EHLO joergli.cocolab.de
and in my opinion it should be
       EHLO cocolab.de

Any idea to solve this?

J=FCrgen

-- =

Dr.rer.nat. Juergen Vollmer, Viktoriastrasse 15, D-76133 Karlsruhe
office: juergen@informatik-vollmer.de,  vollmer@cocolab.de
	    www.informatik-vollmer.de Tel: +49(721) 9204871 Fax: +49(721) 24874
private: Juergen.Vollmer@acm.org      Tel: +49(721) 24874   Fax: +49(721)=
 24874