List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: formatting using the exmh editor
From:       GBA-Post 1.03 20-Sep-1998
Date:       1998-12-14 9:10:11

> Using emacs, if I want to format a paragraph, I can just type Meta-q and
> the paragraph will be reformatted nicely, so the lines are the correct
> length.  I believe the exmh editor does this for you when you send the
> message.  However exacs allows you to do a little more than this.

Why bother with the exmh editor if you're an emacs user?  Just
use emacs (or whatever your preferred editor is).  It's silly
playing around with dozens of toy editors when you have one
powerful editor that can do everything you want -- that's why
Unix has the EDITOR environment variable, so that various
applications can just drop you in your chosen editor when you
need to do some editing.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>