List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: strange error - is it X, tk/tcl, or exmh ?
From:       Tony Nugent <Tony.Nugent () usq ! edu ! au>
Date:       1998-12-05 9:47:48

Just to revisit something... some might recall my recent cries of anguish
about this problem I've been getting:

On Tue Nov 17 1998 at 12:00, Brent Welch wrote (to me):

> It isn't that $exmh is undefined, it is just that
> the "InterpRegistry" X windows property is not listing exmh,
> so the Tk send implementation can't find the other application.
> Basicallyl exmh-async is forked off, and tries to use send to
> talk back to its parent.

Well, XFree86-3.3.3 has just been released.  This is a small cut from the
release notes...

======8<------- cut -------------

4.  What's new in 3.3.3?

4.2  Bug fixes

   o Fix a serious LBX bug using uninitialized variables.

So it seems that this is exactly what I was experiencing  :)

I'll be upgrading very soon... I really want to be able to use exmh over
the modem without that hassle  :)

[BTW, it really is quite comfortable using exmh over the phone with
lbxproxy over an ssh link... I'm keen to finish off a little HOWTO about
doing this - as soon as I have finished a big project that I'm currently
very frantically working on.]

Cheers
Tony